Studio Flamenco’s performance company has vast performance experience and includes some of Australia’s finest flamenco dancers and musicians. The company has presented many theatre productions, including with international artists, and has appeared in festivals and events across the country.
Performances include the Adelaide International Guitar Festival, WOMAdelaide, Victorian Ventana festival, Adelaide Fringe Festival, Adelaide Cabaret Fringe Festival, Murray Lands Cultural Festival and the Australian Oysterfest, the South Australian Spanish club and a residency at Adelaide’s well-known ‘Tapas’ restaurant for many years.
Their projects have been supported by Arts SA, Multicultural SA, the Australian National University, Spanish Ministry of Culture and the Commonwealth Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs.
This dynamic group brings beauty, rhythm and the excitement of flamenco to any event!
The company is available for hire at festivals, events and functions. We can provide a small ensemble for intimate functions and a full company of dancers and musicians for larger events.
The company also has extensive experience in children’s entertainment, including its recent ‘Ole! Flamenco fun for kids’ which was featured as part of the Adelaide Festival Centre’s Something on Saturdays series. We also deliver ‘seminar’ sessions where we talk about the history and aspects of flamenco and demonstrate through performance. These sessions can also include ‘mini-workshops’ and can be tailored to different audiences and age groups.
Contact us if you have any questions. Please keep in mind that wooden flooring is essential for flamenco dance. We can provide contacts for flooring/ staging if needed.
For upcoming public shows see news and events.
Selected past performances
- La Peña Flamenca 11, La Boheme, Adelaide Cabaret Fringe festival 2017 with guest artists Jazmin Centeno (dance) and Andrius Masilionis (guitar)- Seville
- NOMAD @ Gluttony, Adelaide Fringe 2016
- La Peña Flamenca 1, La Boheme, Adelaide Fringe festival 2016
- Ole! Flamenco Fun for Kids, Adelaide Festival Centre for Something on Saturdays
- Ole! Flamenco Fun for Kids, March 2015, Le Petit Grande, Gluttony, Adelaide Fringe Festival
- Soniquete, Jan/Feb 2105, Nexus Multicultural Arts Centre with La Chica and Andrej Vujicic (Puerto Flamenco, Seville) and guitarists Kris Iwanuik and Cameron Ford (Brisbane)
- Zambra, August 2014, The Soul Box
- Flamenco Cabaret, June 2014, Adelaide Cabaret Fringe Festival, The Soul Box
- Peña Flamenca, February 2013, Frankston Arts Centre with La Chica, Andrej Vujicic (Puerto Flamenco, Seville) and Eva Pinero Mesa (voice)
- 'Spirit of Flamenco', August 2012, Adelaide International Guitar Festival, Festival Theatre
- ‘Arte y Compas', January 2011, Nexus Multicultural Arts Centre La Chica and Andrej Vujicic (Puerto Flamenco, Seville)
- Tapas on Hindley- residency 2008-2012
- 'Paloma', May 2010, Dunstan Playhouse, Adelaide Festival Centre
- 'Fiesta', Mullimbimby Theatre, North Coast NSW
- Una Noche de Flamenco, Scott Theatre, Adelaide
- 'Peña Flamenca' December 2007 at Star Theatres
- 'Flamenco! ‘Adelaide International Guitar Festival 2007
- Murray Lands Cultural Festival 2007
- Red Poles Gallery Cabaret, McLaren Vale- residency
- Australian Oysterfest 2006
- WOMADelaide 2006
- ‘Flamenco in the City’ at Club Salsa
- New Year's Eve at "Sky City" Casino
- Brighton Jetty Festival 2004
- La Bomba Latino Extravaganza
- South Australian Spanish Club
- Jacob's Creek Tour Down Under