Ángel Atienza will be visiting Australia for the first time and giving workshops exclusive to Adelaide in January 2018!
Ángel was born in Moron de la Frontera in the province of Sevilla, the home of flamenco. He has worked with some of the most recognised flamenco companies of Spain and has performed in the “Bienal de Arte Flamenco de Sevilla” a number of times. He was a company member in the “Compañía de Mario Maya” from 1991 to 1993 and was a founding member of the “Compañía Andaluza de Danza” and, under the direction of the same choreographer, a member of the CAD (Compañía Andaluza de Danza) from 1994 to 1996 with works such as “De lo flamenco y réquiem flamenco”. He has worked as a soloist in various productions of the “Compañía de Manuela Carrasco” including “La raíz del Grito” (VIII Bienal de Flamenco) and “Así baila Sevilla” (IX Bienal de Flamenco), touring worldwide with these works. Ángel has worked in international flamenco festivals such as in Costa Rica, as well as Florence and Turin, Italy, where he shared the stage with Cristina Hoyos, Eva la Yerbabuena and Miguel Poveda amongst others.
In 2006 Ángel Atienza established “Ados”, his own flamenco school in Sevilla, a place dedicated to the promotion and professional teaching of flamenco. Currently the school continues on its path to securing itself as one of the key centres for flamenco in Spain.
Angel’s passion for flamenco has led him to share his way of feeling it and to share his knowledge and particular methodology. Endorsed by his extensive experience as a teacher, each year he is invited to give courses and workshops throughout the world, in countries such as France, Germany, Italy, Russia, Japan, Costa Rica and the US.
THE WORKSHOPS (22-25 January 2018)
- Level 1 -Tientos/Tangos (suitable for students with at least 1 year of experience in flamenco)
- Turns class (suitable for students of all levels)
- Level 2- Solea por Bulerias (suitable for students at Intermediate/Advanced level of flamenco)
Timetable: (22 -25 January 2018)
- 6:15-7:15pm Level 1 (Tientos/Tangos)
- 7:15-8:15pm Turns Class
- 8:30-10pm Level 2 (Solea por Bulerias)
Early Bird Discount Ends on Sunday 31 December 2017.
- Level 1 or Turns Class (4 hours) EB $200 Full $240
- Level 2 (6 hours) EB $280 Full $330
- Level 1 and Turns Class (8 hours) EB $340 Full $400
- Level 2 and Turns Class OR Levels 1 & 2 (10 hours) EB $425 Full $500
- All workshops (14 hours) EB $580 Full $680
- Casual attendance rate: $70 per hour